Commercial Appraisal Position
Stouffer and Associates, LLP is currently seeking a branch manager for expansion into the Houston market area. Our film is well established in south and central Texas with locations in San Antonio, Austin, and Boerne. The company is seeking a MAI designated appraiser to lead a branch office with major growth potential to build an office with excellent financial upside as a branch manager. Please email email@example.com for more information.
/ Analyst needed for Houston-Dallas Markets
Ability to research taxes, zoning, (outside Houston) and
Answer general questions about the trade area.
$25 per hour. Possible role increase.
Call Bob Heuner, MAI, AI-GRS – (908) 963-1540
is seeking a highly skilled commercial Appraiser interested in valuation
management. Candidates will be
responsible for managing the quarterly commercial valuation management process
for RERC's institutional consulting engagements. Candidates would
provide management to our valuation management division, which involves
assisting in a wide range of activities, such as management of the quarterly
process, and working closely with and assisting the team members. In
addition, this involves reviewing and analyzing final appraisals, executive
summaries, and cash flows, and performing portfolio analytics. Dependent upon
prior experience, the titles will range from assistant vice
president to director.
The ideal candidates
would have a wide range of skills that could include:
Bachelor's degree in finance
and/or real estate
Certified General Real Property
Experience with commercial real
Excellent communication and
Attention to detail and
Ability to meet deadlines,
self-motivated, and execute at a high level
Proficient computer skills
(excel and Argus)
Desire to continue their
education (MAI, CFA, state appraisal licenses, etc.)
Previous applicable work
experience (6+ years commercial real estate experience)
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E- Verify
Senior Real Estate Analyst - Appraisal
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
POSTING NUMBER: 21863
SERVICE LINE: CAPITAL PROJECTS
SECTION: REAL ESTATE - APPRAISAL
REPORTING LOCATION: 611 WALKER, 19TH FLOOR
WORKDAYS & HOURS: M – F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.*
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Prepares appraisal engagement assignments for independent fee appraisers.
Performs real estate appraisal reviews for accuracy and City, State and Federal
compliance including The Appraisal Foundation, Appraisal Standards Board,
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). Consults
with independent fee appraisers regarding matters that may impact market value
or appraisal integrity. Prepares preliminary cost and probable price
estimates as needed for various City projects and departments. Analyzes
counter offers from property owners and buyers of City-owned property and
provides credible recommendations to the Acquisition and Disposition
agents. Reviews property information provided by the
Acquisition/Disposition agents, City Surveyors and City Engineers; and,
requests any additional property and/or project information that may facilitate
the appraisal process. Inputs property valuation facts, conclusions,
logical explanations and recommendations into the City's Capital Improvement
Management System (CIMS) database. May perform staff appraisals on City
property. May provide mentorship for less experienced staff appraisers
and real estate analysts in addition to general supervision and coordination of
larger real estate appraisal projects. Must understand basic and complex
real estate principles and terminology. May serve as team lead and/or as
a project manager coordinating larger appraisal project activities.
Successful candidates must be self-directed and possess superior customer
service skills. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about
walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e.,
essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting temperature and
This is a Houston Public Works Emergency Management position at the
Tier III Level.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Public
Administration or a closely related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Four (4) years of professional experience in real estate activities, design or
a closely related field are required.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education
requirement on a year-for-year basis.
will be given to applicants with the following:
* Texas State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser. Other Real
Estate certifications, licenses or professional designations may be considered.
* 5+ years of experience in commercial real estate appraisal with a
minimum of 2 years of commercial real estate appraisal review
* Condemnation appraisal experience.
* Required proficiency in MS Word and Excel. Experience in other MS
Office software such as PowerPoint, Access and Outlook is an advantage.
* Solid oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain
excellent working relationships at diverse levels with both internal and
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such
persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties
involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified
candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive
Only online applications will
be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human
Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be
submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile
by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832.393-6015). (TTY
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will
contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a
physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse
workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and
harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic,
including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity,
national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
ONLINE SUBMISSIONS REQUIRED
Houston, Texas, 77002
We are a small office currently consisting of a husband and wife team
and one trainee. We are seeking a very motivated trainee or an experience
appraiser looking for a fee split. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach us by phone Audrey:
281.780.9072 or Rick: 832.887.9856.
Stanley B. Thomas
I’m desperately and passionately in search of an Appraiser Sponsor in the
Houston area. I’m willing to take a lower fee bill split and sacrifice money
for time, experience, and the benefit of being able to log and submit hours for
I’ve applied for my trainee license with the TACLB, paid
my application fee and submitted my required fingerprints accordingly. I’ve
completed over 150 hours of QE at the Champion School of Real Estate, including
all those required for an Appraiser Trainee, Market Analysis and Highest &
Best Use, Site Valuation & Cost Approach, and Sales Comparison & Income
Approach. I’ve reached out and contacted a multitude of Realtors, Investors,
and Appraisers throughout the Houston area with very little success. I’m a Senior
at the University of Houston Main Campus, and I have work experience as an
Insurance Adjuster in conducting property inspections for insurance claims at
times of catastrophe and crisis.
I look forward to the opportunities that we may mutually
benefit in supplying work, I diligently taking advantage of the opportunity to
learn the process, gain experience, and help grow your business.
BB&T - Real Estate Evaluator
Perform independent evaluations of real estate serving as collateral for business loans that meet evaluation standards as set by business loan policy. Conduct a thorough analysis of real estate property to provide an estimate of the real estate’s market value. Assist Credit Administration with risk management by acting in an advisory capacity on real estate values and trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Evaluate real estate property throughout assigned territory and determine an appropriate value utilizing standard appraisal methodology with a particular focus on large, complex properties.
2. Fully evaluate and document evaluations in standard Bank format in describing the real estate collateral, condition, current and projected use. Describe the source(s) of information used in the analysis, the analysis and supporting information, and provide an estimate of the real estate’s market value, with any limiting conditions.
3. Assist Credit Administration with risk management by acting in an advisory capacity on real estate values and trends.
4. Develop and maintain local market knowledge regarding real estate developments and trends.
5. Select and coordinate third-party real estate evaluations through appropriate vendor for subject property type.
6. Ensure full consistency with evaluation content as outlined in Part 323 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporate (FDIC) Rules and Regulations.
7. Ensure the integrity of the evaluation request through validation of the legal description and ownership interest.
8. Conduct on-site visits to inspect and perform in-depth analysis on more complex projects.
9. Develop and maintain professional contacts in assigned territory to keep current on market trends.
10. Meet all service level standards for responsiveness to internal Bank clients.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and related training
2. Four years of previous real estate evaluation experience to include a real estate appraiser, commercial real estate broker, commercial property manager, commercial real estate lender or similar experience in a commercial real estate legal capacity
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the local commercial real estate market
4. Ability to work independently
5. Ability to deal with complex real estate property types and legal structures
6. Ability to develop proficiency in Part 323 of the FDIC Rules and Regulations as it relates to federal requirements for appraisals and evaluations on collateral for loans
7. Achieve and maintain all educational requirements and certifications established for the Real Estate Evaluator position
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Proven analytical abilities
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Real Estate designation (e.g. Certified Appraiser, Broker, Property Manager)
2. Ability to develop proficiency in the Bank’s appraisal policy for business lending
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: R0016499
RERC is accepting applications for a full-time commercial real estate appraiser
position. RERC works for a number of clients to appraise commercial real estate
assets that are generally focused on the core property types and are
institutional properties all across the US. The primary responsibilities for
this position include performing valuations, which could include valuations for
tax-appeal, re-development, dispositions, etc.
The position is open for the RERC office located in Houston, TX.
The ideal candidate would have a wide range of skills that could include:
8+ years of commercial appraisal experience
General State Certification and/or working towards MAI designation would be a plus
Experience with Argus Enterprise
Excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills
Ability to work under time constraints, self-motivated, and attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
For full job description and to apply visit our website at https://situs.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Houston-Texas-United-States-Assistant-Vice-President-Vice-President-Appraisal-RERC/3542
Resumes can also be submitted to: